Discover the best natural remedies and most effective supplements to counter the most common hair problems.
Supplements and Natural Remedies to Remedy Hair Problems
Dandruff, baldness, brittleness, and bleaching of the hair can be linked to a deficient diet, to a genetic predisposition, or, quite simply, to aging. Some of the best products to save your hairs you can find here.
The hair consists mainly of keratin, a fibrous protein also present in the nails. To have healthy hair, blood rich in nutrients must irrigate the follicles, small organs where hairs and hair are formed. These grow about 1 cm per month; we lose a hundred a day, but they are fortunately most often always replaced. Problems arise when they stop growing, become dry and brittle, and excessive scaling of the scalp forms dandruff.
What Are the Possible Causes of Hair Problems?
Regarding hair loss, in addition to stress, poor diet, and hormonal changes, we can mention genetic factors, a deficient immune system, thyroid insufficiency, and specific nutritional deficiencies; certain medical treatments, including cancer chemotherapy, can cause hair to fall out. In some cases, the use of home remedies and nutritional supplements can gradually decrease hair problems.
You can try some of keracare hair products to alleviate and prevent these symptoms.
Supplements and Natural Remedies For Healthy Hair
– These natural remedies and supplements encourage regrowth by nourishing the root. But be patient, you will probably only notice the long-term effects.
– These substances being moisturizing, they relieve itching and fight flaking, properties which also make them very useful in the fight against eczema and psoriasis of the scalp. Vitamins and minerals can also slow hair loss.
– Hair is very sensitive to the imbalance between vitamins and minerals. While a lack of vitamin A causes flaking of the scalp, prolonged excess intake (30 mg per day) may cause hair loss. So scrupulously respect the recommended doses of vitamins and minerals, and consult your doctor if you lose hair after treatment.
– Thyroxine can act on hair loss caused by thyroid insufficiency.
– Hair losing its thickness can be a sign of a malfunction of the digestive system.
– Taking 1 or 2 capsules of probiotics 2 times a day can stimulate the functions of assimilation of the nutrients necessary for the beauty of the hair.
The Best Supplements and Natural Remedies For Hair Problems
Fish oils and evening primrose oil play a beneficial role thanks to their content of essential fatty acids; the former is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which give the hair its shine and tone.
Dose: 2 capsules per day, i.e. 600 mg of omega-3 fatty acids.
Warning: do not exceed the dose if you are taking blood thinners.
Evening primrose oil
Like fish oils, evening primrose oil plays a beneficial role thanks to their essential fatty acid content.
Dose: 500 mg 3 times a day.
Namely: can be replaced by 500 mg of borage oil 1 time per day.
Zinc stimulates the thyroid, for which an insufficient hormonal secretion makes the hair brittle and sparse. Copper should always be combined with zinc so that a balance between these two trace elements is maintained in the body. It is also very useful for the hair: it is an essential component of melanin – pigment which intervenes in their coloration as in that of the skin, and whose deficiency could be responsible for the bleaching of the hair.
Dose: 15 mg per day.
Warning: if you take a zinc supplement for more than 1 month, choose one that contains 1 mg of copper.
Dose: 50 µg per day.
Namely: also effective against oily hair and dandruff; to be taken with group B vitamins.
Biotin and B vitamins ensure the good condition of the scalp and prevent excessive hair loss, biotin even encouraging their regrowth.
Dose: 1 tablet per day with meals.
Warning: get tablets containing 5 µg of vitamin B12 and 50 µg of biotin, 400 µg of folic acid and 5 mg of each of the other vitamins.
Para-amino benzoic acid (PABA), which protects the pilosebaceous follicle and prevents, it is believed, hair loss will have the same effect if its prescription is really linked to insufficient production of this substance by the patient’s organism. Selenium, finally, probably plays the same role.
Dose: 100 mg per day.
Namely: used to ensure the good condition of the skin and scalp.
Also Read: How to Naturally Boost Your Immune System
Other Tips and Advice to Remedy Hair Problems
- Eat well. Avoid wacky diets which may deprive you of essential nutrients.
- Use a mild shampoo. Dry your hair with a towel without rubbing and apply a hair lotion or conditioner.
- Avoid prolonged contact with chemicals such as swimming pool chlorine while wearing a bathing cap, and use as a little hairdryer and curling iron as possible, which give off a lot of heat.
- Put on a hat to protect your hair from the sun.
- Massage your scalp once a week to stimulate blood circulation and relax.
- According to English researchers, smokers, whatever their age, are 4 times more likely to have gray hair than non-smokers; hair loss is also linked to tobacco.
Important: Before taking supplements, consult your doctor or pharmacist.