Issues and Challenges of Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration
You may face many challenges while migrating from Lotus Notes to Office 365 because Lotus Notes is an email client software, and Office 365 is a cloud-based platform. Office 365 is a platform that has all the features you need in an email client, and it also boasts some additional functionality. Both of these platforms are used to send/receive emails, contacts, attachments, and more with security and guarantee. But Office 365 provides you the flexibility and security you need to access it anywhere on any device, unlike Lotus Notes.
Why Migrate From Lotus Notes to Office 365?
There are multiple factors that can contribute to your decision to migrate from Lotus Notes to Office 365. There are some clear advantages of Office 365 over Lotus Notes, which are listed below.
- Cloud computing is way cheaper to operate as compared to an email client on the computer.
- The flexibility of Office 365 is not something you can compare with anything else.
- One must have some technical expertise to operate the Lotus Notes client on the computer.
- Office 365 can be used on any device you have in your hand, and it is platform-independent.
- Lotus Notes used local storage, and Office 365 uses cloud storage, which has fewer chances of failure.
Challenges for Migrating Lotus Notes to Office 365
Users are fed up with many small problems that have been bugging them in the Lotus Notes. While starting the migration process of emails, contacts, and other data to the cloud storage, they face some uncertain conditions to complete the process. You must have faced challenges while starting the process of migration, and here is the list.
- Email – It is the core part of the NSF file in the Lotus Notes, which is why complete migration of the Lotus Notes emails to Office 365 is important for the users. A little glitch can, or downtime can result in huge data loss for the business. That is why it is extremely important for us to be careful in the migration process and not lose any data.
- Contacts and Calendar – The address book and calendar entries in any organization are extremely important as they help you go through your day, book an appointment, meeting, or to deal with particular clients. So, a single contact loss can result in huge data loss, and the organization can suffer a huge financial loss as well.
- Bandwidth – In most organizations, they have a huge amount of data, and it is extremely important data. You may lose some of the data due to small bandwidth, and it can be a frustrating experience for the users.
The Issue to Overcome in the Migration Process of Lotus Notes to Office 365
You may face many issues while migrating the data on online platforms. Here is a lot of the issues:
- Incomplete Migration – Many times, you may face the incomplete data migration issue, which can prove to be costly. So, you have to resolve that issue and ensure that there is no loss of data in the importing process.
- Synchronization issues – Lotus Notes is a complex tool, and a huge amount of data can sometimes lead to a synchronization error. And due to this problem, you will see improper migration to Office 365.
- Formatting issues – Maintaining the same format for each mailbox component, folder, and the data item is quite difficult and complicated. And it never renders the HTML and CSS files, and all these issues are solved by the use of Office 365.
- Migration Process – The migration process can also be a pain as it involves complicated steps that have chances of making mistakes and corrupt the data. That is why you need a tool that can convert your NSF data files to compatible formats and help in the migration process.
Also Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6177
How to Import Lotus Notes Files to Office 365
There are many manual methods available to import the Lotus Notes NSF data to Office 365, but you need a solution that can work for you. As we’ve listed the challenges and issues you might face when trying to migrate the NSF files to Office 365 traditional way, we need a solution that can remove these challenges and issues.
The best solution for conversion and migration of NSF files is the NSF to PST converter from Shoviv. You can use Shoviv NSF to PST converter and use it to convert and migrate the file without the loss of any data. This tool uses technology that protects the user data and converts it with ease.