How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6123
With time Quickbooks application has gained tremendous popularity and has become everyone’s choice. Nowadays, a lot of midsized and small companies are switching to Quickbooks to handle the accounting operations of their firms. There is no doubt that Quickbooks has completely changed the way how accounting activities are carried out in a firm. But we can also not deny that a user can encounter issues while using the Quickbooks application.
One such bug that people encounter is the Quickbooks error code 6123. This occurs when the user attempts to use the Quickbooks company file. Also, this makes the file inaccessible for the user which in the end, hinders the productivity of the company or the user. Moreover, you may encounter the issue while opening the file in multi-user mode. The error message indicates that there are issues connecting to the server.
This error belongs to the 6000 series errors in Quickbooks which may be difficult to resolve. It is therefore recommended to disable your antivirus before you begin troubleshooting the issue. Understanding the complexity of resolving the issue, we have come up with this post. Here are some troubleshooting methods for you to resolve the Quickbooks error code 6123 easily.
What Causes this Issue?
To resolve the issue easily, you must know what causes the issue. There are various reasons for which you can encounter Quickbooks error 6123. Here is a list of all the possible reasons for which the error may occur.
- Windows operating system may be damaged on the system.
- The company file that you are trying to use is corrupted or damaged.
- In case the file you are attempting to restore is present on any external device.
- The settings of the Firewall installed on the system are restricting Quickbooks from running properly on the system or accessing the required company file.
- Other than this, there are times when the antivirus present on the system can interrupt the process of communication.
- The windows user file or the QBW file is damaged.
Advanced Fixation Methods for Quickbooks Error 6123
Now that we have listed all the common reasons for which you can face the Quickbooks error 6123 0, here are the methods to fix the same. All the steps concerning the resolution methods are also mentioned. Follow them in the same way to avoid any issues.
Method 1: Check and Rename Quickbooks Company File
In case the name of your company file is not appropriate or contains any special characters, the issue can occur while opening the Quickbooks file. Therefore, while naming your company file, the following things should be kept in mind:
- The name should not be more than 30 characters.
- There should be no special characters present in the name of the file.
If any of the things mentioned above are not followed in the name of your company file, rename the file and make the appropriate changes.
Method 2: Run Tool Hub
Quickbooks tool hub can be used to fix almost all the Quickbooks issues. The tool allows you to run all the Quickbooks tools in the same application. However, some tools like Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool are not present in this tool. You will have to download those tools separately. You can fix Quickbooks error code 6123 using the tool hub. Here’s how.
- First, if the Quickbooks application is running on the system, you will have to terminate the application.
- Now, you will have to open your browser and look for the Quickbooks website.
- From the website, download the latest version of the Quickbooks tool hub.
- Tap on the downloaded file, agree to the license agreement, and then choose the installation folder.
- Complete the installation process by following all the on-screen instructions.
- When done, tap on the tool hub.
- Now, go to the company file issues tab.
- Under this tab, choose to run the file doctor tool.
- Choose the damaged Quickbooks file.
- Now, choose the type of error you have encountered and the type of system you are operating the tool on.
- When done, you will have to tap on the start scan option.
- Simply wait for the scan to complete. On completion, terminate the tool.
- Check if the error is resolved.
In case the error is resolved using the Quickbooks file doctor tool, using the Quick fix my program may help you get rid of the issue. Here is what you need to do.
- On the Quickbooks tool hub application, go to the program problems tab.
- Under this, choose the Quick fix my program tab.
- Start the scan and wait for it to diagnose and fix the issue.
- When done, close the tool hub and check if you can open the company file.
Method 3: Make a Fresh Windows User
As we have mentioned, one of the causes of Quickbooks error 6123 can be the damaged windows user. This can be fixed by creating a new Windows user. Here are the steps involved in the process.
- Hover to the control panel on your system. Now, tap on the option to create a new user. It will be present under the user tab.
- Now, choose administrator as your user type.
- Make sure to sign out of the accounts you are logged in to.
- When done, you will have to restart your system and then log in to the system using your current credentials.
- Now, move your required company file to your desktop.
- In the end, start Quickbooks and then access your company file.
Method 4: Start Your System Again
The next method that we recommend you follow is to system your system again. This will help you get rid of the issues and apply all the recent changes you have made to the system.
Quickbooks error code 6123 can be sometimes complicated to resolve. But, with the help of the methods mentioned in the article, you will be able to get rid of the issue effectively. We have explained all the methods in detail for your convenience. However, if the issue persists, you can also seek help from the support team.